4.05.2013

a few things...


The last few weeks have flown by in a rush to get everything done. I guess that's the way it usually is, but it's felt even more that way than usual.  By everything, I mean EVERYTHING (is that more clear?). It seems there are too many things and not enough time. I'm certainly not the first business person or mom to find that all this work and giving and time has left me a little- empty. Or on empty, is more accurate. I'm just worn down and tired in a way that sleep won't quite fix- not that I wouldn't be really happy to be getting a bit more of that too- but not today.
This morning I'm pulling out fabric and taking some time to just make some things. I need to slow everything down and span time with the quiet of physically making something. What a novel idea. That's where I began, and it's my plan to go back to that in the coming week- to make for the joy and the pleasure of making. We'll see what comes out of the singular pursuit. Wish me luck keeping - EVERYTHING- at bay for a little bit.



2 comments: