3.11.2009

burrrrrrrrrr

A Minneapolis March...
3°F and Clear with a Windchill of -20°F
seriously.

Here in Minnesota we are a hearty stock, but let me say it is March... and this sort of cold makes me a little crazy. It's fine in January but it's no longer January. When I walked my dog this morning my hair and scarf froze from my breath just hitting them. Jessie the old dog and I pattered around the block hoping not to fall because just beneath that layer of snow which fell last night, was all of February's melted snow now a solid sheet of ice. We made it with all of our limbs in tact (happy to report none were lost to frost bite) and without slips or falls... just very cold cheeks.
Ohhh well... it is sunny, so why compain?

3 comments:

  1. oh no! Boy that is really cold!!! lol. I don't think that I could make it in that weather very long. I live in the northwest and I think our winters are bad enough. lol. I hope you have a fabulous day!!! hugs!!! Britt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine living there with that cold of temperatures. We had snow here in Bellingham the other day and it was enough for me. Our temps are low 16 at night.
    I must say you do have a beautiful natural glow about you. Besides the rosy checks from the cold temperature, it must be something else as well. Anybody want to take a guess at what that might be.
    Take care and be oh so careful out there in the snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cold sucks!! chicago is freezing, but not as cold as MN. hope it warms up to *above* zero for you soon!

    ReplyDelete