8.10.2011

let the packing begin...


I've been in this studio for the last 2.5 years and again it's time to stay goodbye... It's been a good space for me. I moved here after renovating the basement of our home in 2009 when I was pregnant with my son. Before this space, I was working in one of the many huge, beautiful, old warehouses in my neighborhood which have been converted into spaces for small business and artists. When I moved here I knew I was giving things up-  I liked "leaving for work", I liked all that space, and I loved the division of my "work" and my "life, but a baby changes everything. Having this studio in my home has saved me- I've been able to grab short snippets of time at naps, after bed, and when he's occupied- enough that I can send an email or organize my next moment of work. My warehouse studio was 6 times the size of this space, and the new space I'm moving into is a tad smaller than this- but with a little organizing and patience it will work just fine. The necessity of scale has given way to convenience - being an overtired mom- I have to say convenience is everything right now and frankly I just feel lucky to have a dedicated space to make things in- what a luxury! I know I say it now and then- but thank you, dear reader and supporter of my work, I am so lucky to have this as my job... I'm am grateful- forever grateful. Thank you.

 Ok-I'll miss you studio! now.... TO PACK!
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Ohhh and to see more of my past studio spaces-
-check out these blog posts --
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

side note about layaway and shipping:
in packing up and moving the studio I will not be doing much shipping. If you have any layaway items which you want to or need to pay off (some of your due dates are fast approaching!) don't hesitate to do so, but shipping may be a bit more slow than usual. Bear with me!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sitting in our kitchen, surrounded by 199 boxes (upstairs, downstairs, basement, garage...39 in my sewing room!), anticipating the moving truck pulling up early tomorrow morning. Translation: I feel your pain. We moved here (Chicago) right around the time you moved, though we are in different stages of life.
    Best of luck in this unsettling time, Jennifer. I'm happy to say I'll be unpacking several of your pieces when we arrive at our new home in Ohio next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Over-Tired Mom,

    Claude, packing, Claude, packing, Claude,Jay, Claude, meals, Claude, shopping, Claude, laundry, Claude, sleep(?), Claude, packing, Claude,Jay . . .

    Sound about right?

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. two and a half years, seems like yesterday you moved in. Surely you have just unpacked! Have I been reading you that long, can't be true.

    Many thanks for posting I really love it and the other stuff with the beads too!

    Happy moving from the UK
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete