6.20.2012

in hand

It's been ages since I last made these really small old worn bears*. Their arms and legs are so tiny and I'd forgotten how tricky it was to sew and turn them... but the outcome always pleases me. So today- I'm making two- I'd hoped to get three out of a ridiculously small pieces of hand dyed mohair- and after Id drawn all the pieces (even piecing a single leg to make it all fit) I realized I was 2 arms short. Three bears and only two sets of arms- that just won't do, so only two very little one-of-a-kind-old-worn-bears in the works- and coming along quite nicely too! I'll post progress tomorrow...


*for this type of bear I just draw out the pieces on the fabric without a pattern- making each bear totally unique and one-of-a-kind. I spend lots of time pulling out fur and aging each piece so that it feels like it's been around for a lifetime...

No comments:

Post a Comment