11.10.2010

other places...

In two short days I did and saw a whole lot of things in NYC. My sister and I went for a quick trip- a sister's getaway- lady's weekend- whatever you'd like to call it, it was my first time away from Claude for more than a few hours... who knew that would be so hard? Not me. I missed my family like crazy, but still managed to have a great time and see lots of inspiring things... here's a couple more high points:

The High Line: it's perfect. A remarkably beautiful place to take in NYC from a completely new vantage point...


KIOSK:  Interesting Things from Interesting Places- a small shop with brilliantly curated objects.



Purl: This might be my favorite place to shop for fabric and yarn... it's not that they have things I can't find anywhere else (though they surprise me here and there) but it's all about the way this shop feels. It's bright and beautiful and there are thoughtful projects and samples everywhere. Their website and blog are great- but if you're in NYC done miss stopping in, even if it's just to browse...


No comments:

Post a Comment