2.27.2010

...


The second class I'll be teaching at the Creative Connection is very exciting for me... This will be the first time I've shared my process of making jointed stuffed pieces- The Basics of Sewing Heritage Toys. In this workshop you'll make a stuffed mohair bunny with jointed arms that’s perfect for holiday gifting or display in your home. Buy a presewn pattern at the workshop, or sew your own and bring it with you to class.* Either way, you’ll learn the ins and outs of basic pattern making and vintage toy construction, including machine sewing on mohair, stuffing with excelsior, joining systems, and hand sewing techniques.

*Students opting to sew the bunny beforehand will receive a pattern, information on where to purchase the fabric, and sewing instructions by mid-June. You will need to order 1/4 yard of fabric, draw and cut out the pattern pieces, and sew the pieces together. The machine sewing should take about 1 hour.





Sign up for one day (that's two different workshops) or 3 fun filled days of projects, lectures, outings and more... Check out all the details here.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    I just signed up for this class. Wondering how I can get the pattern, I probably won't be able to make it before hand, but I do sew and would love to have the pattern to use in the future.

    Thanks - so happy to take more of your classes, we met at Silver Bella!

    Alanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alanna!
    email me directly so I have your contact info and I'll send you all the info!
    Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete