Soooo, this is the other new pattern I've been working on!
(I can't seem to keep a secret for long)
I designed the chick first (you can see the idea in the works in my sketches), and was so pleased with his egg shaped body I decided to see how a duck would turn out. Their legs and getting them to easily stand was a bit of a trick, but after a little finagling they are stable and happily free-standing fowl. I used an amazing vintage thread wrapped wire... I'd never seen anything like it before I found it in a vintage shop a few years ago. It's ridged and once bent stays put, not to mention, it's beautiful. For the duck, I covered the wire (what a shame) with wool felt in order to get proper duck feet. I'm excited about their potential outfits... so back to work. I have to dress a brood.