9.02.2009

State Fair Fun!


My sister, Claude and I all headed off to the Great Minnesota Get Together yesterday. It was the perfect day- 68 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze, which made carrying Claude in the sling a snap and we maneuvered around the hoards of people with ease. I didn't eat anything on a stick which is amazing considering EVERYTHING comes on a stick (obviously corn dogs and cotton candy, but also Giant Bacon, Cheese Curds, deep fried Candy Bars, something called a Fudge Puppy, and my fav. the Pickeldog- A quarter dill coated with cream cheese and wrapped in pastrami), but I did have a beautiful cob of roasted corn. That's almost on a stick- well it's kind of a stick itself right?!
Anyway, the highlight of the fair each year is the photo booths. They are getting harder and harder to find these days, so I look forward to the Fair to get my annual fill. I was ooh so happy to introduce Claude to the fun- and while I'm not sure he enjoyed as much as Kindra and I did, there was no cries- just one very sad face caught in the flash-

11 comments:

  1. awww! So cute!!!! You look like a very happy Mommy!! I am sure your heart is going pitter patter!! Hugs, Mica

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. these will be so nice to look at again in a few years time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley adorable photos--and congratulations for being good and eating the healthy-roasted-corn-on-a-cob-stick! The description of the pickle dog is mind-boggling to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sad face...but you look like a VERY HAPPY MOM. What a fun outing to the fair...I've had a pickle on a stick before - deepfried, but no cream cheese or pastrami! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there! miss you guys -A&E&E&A

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwe Love the pics and you and Claude look great!
    When did state fairs start selling everything on a stick? Do they still have the dairy barn with all the butter statues? The Minnesota state fair was so much fun when I went there as a kid. I love the barn that has all of the needle crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, that last pic of Claude is too cute, even if he's grumpy! :) Good to hear you are out and about enjoying these warm days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the dairy barn! That was the first stop on the MN Fair tour this year. My sister got her annual milk barn shake... and we checked out all the beautiful cows. I love the animal barns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen do they still have the ice cold milk stand where for a quarter you can drink as much milk as you want? I remember that milk giving me brain freeze it was so cold
    also remember the taffy machines making homemade taffy.
    Have you been to the MN renaissance festival yet? Looks like things have changed since I was there I went to the very first one and a few times after that

    ReplyDelete